What does it do?
Represent and the Represent API are a toolbox for a modern democracy. The API includes the ability to:
- Create and verify profiles
- Create polls and questions, and vote on them.
- View, analyse, and weight results, including demographic and location data
- Compare with local census data (UK only)
- Compare users with each other (e.g. compare to candidates or decision makers), with a granular topic-by-topic comparison
- Delegate your vote to other users (liquid democracy style)
- Comment on questions, up/down vote comments, and nesting
- Get politician data in UK, USA, and Canada
Who’s it for?
- Anyone interested in civic tech
- Anyone building democracy tools
- Campaign organisations seeking to gather and understand local or topical opinions
- Politicians, candidates, or other representatives seeking to deeply engage people with their campaigns (though to be fair this cohort should probably use the turn-key front-end tools)
What can I do with it?
- Anything you like, as long as it’s legal
- Here’s our chatbot which we made using it: https://m.me/representlive
Where is it? What’s the licence?
You can find the link via https://rep.roundbear.org/api
All data is licensed as CC-BY-SA.